Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Baguio Part 2 - Quick Answers

The group had a blast at Mines View Park Market this afternoon. I was burning a hole on my wallet and the naturally scrimper moi, did not give a freakin care in the world. I got all my sisters, friends and my teammates somethin and tomorrow, I'm buying some more. Hala!!! When is enough really enough? Quick answer: Once I'm back in Manila, ahehehe!
Tonight, we bought some drinks and took it back to the hotel. Chitchat. Gulp. Talks. Gulp. Serious talks. Gulp. More serious talks. Gulp. Someone almost (just almost) cried. Gulp. Dance like crazy. Gulp. Dance crazier. Gulp.
As the night drew to morning, people were lauging louder. Talking more lively. Danicing more animatedly. I, for some reason, stayed in my little own corner, becoming quieter and quieter as the minutes passed.
Why?
Quick answer: Beats me. But I will try to answer again...
So why?
Not-so-quick-answer: Probably because I just gradually started thinking about the last time I came here and the kind of fun I had then. The people I came here with at that time have gone and moved ahead and beyond. And yes, I basically started remiscing about the times I spent with them. Its a good thing that Shelly and "Junjun" fell asleep right then. Because suddenly, I jus wanted to be alone then.
I stood up and opened the windows and looked out. I had a glass of cold beer in my left hand. I looked across the corner and there was Gimbal's. Yes the same bar where I've gone wild-crazy-does not care about the world-party girl before. Ala lang, I just suddenly realized that so many things have changed. Some have gone for the worse. And most have gone for the better (thank gawd). But I stood for a minute wishing it was year 2000 again.
And a car honked 4 floors below me. And someone turned on the lights in one of the rooms of the building across the street. Yeah, Im in Baguio now. And its 2006. I had the best time of my life then. But right now, I could say I'm not too bad either. I feel good about myself. I feel good about the people around me. I feel good about Baguio these days.
No regrets.
Fond memories, yes. But no regrets. - That's another quick answer.
PS
Pics are being uploaded later.

No comments: