Monday, April 10, 2006

Burnt Bridges

It's probably my fault this time. And I am not making excuses. I'm facing this head on.

I burn bridges. One of my friends recently pointed this out to me. There was a time when I held on to my past so dearly. I clung to old friends, old feelings and old memories that I've had a difficult time moving on. Not this time. I'm burning bridges baby.

Please don't hate me. I'm doing this because I think I deserve it. I have never ever denied that I was, I am, and will always be selfish (aren't we all?), and I need to love myself more than anything. Or anyone. Nobody wants to be hurt. No one wants to continue hurting. I've had my share. You've had yours too. More so, in fact. But I want out.

Why?

And you wondered why I put the phone down when you asked that. I couldn't answer. No answer can justify what I've done. Emotions and feelings are never justified. They are just there. You feel it. It grows on you. It eats you. It kills you. My emotions killed me. And I want out.

Little by little, I know this shall soon pass. And I can only hope that you find happiness as I find mine. We will continue with this journey, albeit separately, and who knows in time, the roads will probably cross again. I can never thank you enough for all the good things we've shared. I will always be grateful for the love you gave. For one last time. let me tell you I love you. But that was never the question, wasn't it? It never was.

Until then babe.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... :(

Anonymous said...

er... huh?

siyoktong said...

wensiyoh! sure po. wala naman mashado nabago sa buhay...andyan pa rin kayo at alam kong labs niyo ako. yihaa! badminton, go!

siyoktong said...

manok, awww...really. thanks sweetie. :P

siyoktong said...

monmon, looks like you've been lurking in my corner lately. thanks for droppin by. checked out your blog too. let's keep this rollin, ayt.

Anonymous said...

ok ok ok lol

Anonymous said...

Jing Jing Jing!!

Hala badminton go!!!


We're always here for you mare!

Anonymous said...

....
miss u....
....
d man tayo nagkikita i feel for u
i really miss u guys...
d2 lang kami...

sabi nga pag pagod na tama na....

ngiti na ulit...
tapos na ulan...
nanjan na ang araw....inaantay ka....

mahal kita jing!

Anonymous said...

jing!!

Miss ko na World History! Wahhh.. haayy... miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you.. miss you..


maj

siyoktong said...

mayu, pao and maj,

i mishu guys!!! despite the distance. inspite of the the barriers. thank you for staying close by me. marami pa tayong gagawin nang magkakasama. totoo yan. pangako.