Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hola Rara! Feliz Navidad Maimai!

And so we just came back to the Metro from one of the hidden places in the mountains, and I know this post is darn late, and that I just haven't the time to write lately, and so this sentence is becoming too long so I'll just cut it... whew. Ano daw sinasabi ko? Ewan.

We got a nice surprise when Rara, one of my dearest cousins from Canada suddenly decided to come home for a couple of days of fun and frolic. The last time I saw him was about 8 years ago, and I always remembered him as this makulit kid na sinisipa lagi namin ng kuya Michael niya. Nge, ala lang, cliche this may sound, but yes, time indeed has moved fast, and I feel like my childhood is suddenly going, going, and then ...gone.

Oh ye, this is not about being all senti and whatnot, but I guess I am at a point when I really realize now that I am indeed the clan's eldest. Maternal and paternal and all extended relatives included, I have never ever met a cousin who was older than I am. For the longest time, I shunned my role to the family. I cavorted in the comforts of my childhood. I carried no responsibilities. I met no obligations. I have let people take care of me. And I, Marinella Jennifer B. Trinidad, has lived a freaking, outrageous, outlandish spoiled life. Until now.

Ye people, until now. I had to live this lifestyle for 27 years and not realize it. And it took my cousin Rara, who was what, 6 years younger than I am to make me stop and say, "Opps stop right now, thank you very much."

So to you my sweet darling Melvin Rae, gracias. Months would soon be years again that we won't be seeing each other but in my own way, I will be keeping you stuck in the sweet folds of my memory. You'll never know this, but ye, you struck a chord, and ye, you got me thinking into changing my ways.

Okay, next topic. Zeday eez mee favorita prima's boithdoi. Maimai, Feliz Navidad beybeh!
I dunno why you look so sad today (and yesterday too!) but I guess this has something to do with you losing your phone to that darned driver the other day. No matter sweetie. Tu mama eez getting you another one theez Tuesday. Consider it "the gift". Zo, in ze meantime, enjoy your day beecoz eet only comes once een a year mah dear. We're eating out laytah, and wee can have a feast then. Love you panget!

Okay, so there, I don't really feel like updating pa. I've been so busy with work and I'm kinda still tryin' to fit in with the new gang at the office. Oh, guess whut, I just love my new boss. We call her Bam. I guess after a series of unfortunate events with my recent bosses, fate finally decided to turn the tides eh? I am really looking forward to sharing the good times with the new people. I miss the old gang, yes. That's a given. But old, fond memories shouldn't keep us from making new special ones. Life keeps a hold to special things, and with the way I hold mine, I'm sure there would never be a day when I'd say I have forgotten. No way.

Have you noticed how this post was written without any coherent thesis? I'm writing whatever that comes to mind. It's so, so hot today. I'm so tempted to go up to my room and turn on my airconditioner full blast but I just got my Meralco bill. Fuck it. Ang mahal ng kuryente!

Hala, kung anu-ano na po sinusulat ko? Babay muna?
Aaah, sana umulan na. Nakakabaliw po ang sobrang sikat ng araw. Di niyo lam?
Pakyu. Ahihi. Dyok lang. Peace.

Okay, babay.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don’t worry about the incoherence of this entry jing… I kinda enjoyed this one because it is so you… I’m not saying you are as jumbled as this piece… it’s your “free soul” personality that makes this article a good one… miss you!

“Life keeps a hold to special things, and with the away I hold mine, I’m sure there would never be a day when I’d say I have forgotten. No way.”

To this, I say, AMEN!
labs,
bogas :)

siyoktong said...

bogas, I have never forgotten. and i know you believe me. aah, what blessings are old friends! thank you.