Friday, March 03, 2006

Joyeux Anniversaire Memot!

This is Memot, my 2nd sister. She never reads my blog, but now I'm giving her a reason to. Today is her 21st birthday. I refuse to greet her in any way except thru here. [okay, fine, I did text her as soon as I got up last night - but aside from that...] I digress.

Memot is like the heart of the family. Siya lang ang malambing sa 'min. Siya lang din ang madalas magtampo. Meng is the one closest to the parental units among us siblings, specially to papa. The best sila maglambingan ng papa namin, kaya it follows na the best din silang magtampuhan.

Meng is always the first to cry whenever Con and I have our serious rifts. She has never been one to take sides but you always feel her sadness whenever something is amiss with the family. Lagi patok jokes nito sa bahay, lalo na pag umuuwi kame sa probinsya. Conversations in the dining room [where the Trinidad's are most often seen] are usually orchestrated by her. Pati pagpili ng handa for special occasions like Christmas and New Year, siya na rin nasusunod. Naming of pets automatically falls to her. All our dogs were baptized by Memot.

Here in Manila, where we try to live a pseudo-home with Con and Mai, Meng is in-charge of all finances. She may be the youngest of us sisters but Fatee, our maid, goes up to her whenever there are house decisions to make. She gets to keep the house money or funds as we call it. Only Meng knows where to find which. The moment Fatee goes on vacation, it is Meng who makes sure dinner is ready by the time we get home.

Wow, shet Memot, binenta na kita kabs! Today is your 21st birthday sweetie, and I just wish you the best of everything. Mwah! Love you!

Happy Birthday.

No comments: