Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sad News From Pisay

I love my alma mater. I lived within the walls of Pisay for 4 of my adolescent years. I breathed, and lived Pisay and despite the rigorous academic training I received from my mentors in the early to mid 90's, I can say that I would not want to live that part of my life any other way if I had another chance.

I first received word of the sad news maybe a week ago. I took it lightly at first wth a mild tsk tsk and a slight shake of head. For some reason, I found it hard to believe that it might actually be true. But as the real thing unfolded, and as the authenticity of the news was established, I found the truth to be more and more appalling.

Yeah, we all had our "wild days" in highschool. There was the infamous arson incident with some Meson guys (our 4th year section) plus the boy's dorm incident of smearing human feces on the dorm manager's bed. There was the typical wee hour strolls around campus and the escape from the dorm via a rented FX. There was already smoking in campus during my time, but I guess these were sporadic and more out of curiosity than anything. I remember one of our batchmates unscrewing the hinges of the classrom doors so that it would fall on the earliest person to arrive for class. I know of some people who ransacked a friend's wardrobe and cut all pieces of clothing he had.We had some stealing, we had bullying. We also drank liquor back then. Some of my friends already use pregnancy test kits then. One way or another, we've had our own skeletons in high school. But this? I just couldnt take it. Who the fuck puts a ph 1 acid in someone's jug??

I find this difficult to accept simply because I was one of the people who drank from Colemans (in the front lobby) during my time. Pisay students, of all people should know that fucking ph 1 acid (like concentrated nitric acid) could be deadly especially if you mix it with H2O. Which now brings up the question: Was this incident a case of frustrated murder? If it was, then things have really changed a hell lot since my day.

And now I can only shake my head again and do a mild tsk. Shit, what's happening to Pisay? I feel as if my home is in chaos. Pisay admin, please do somethin. The alumni are waiting for directives. We can help. Let us.

No comments: