Sunday, August 07, 2005

thelma & louise


"Somebody told them to get a life...so they did."

There you go. That was the movie's tag line. It was a stormy Saturday night and whadda ya know, I spent it at home watching TV (what's new!). But hey, this CD's been sitting on top of my player for maybe a couple of weeks now and I've been ignoring it. Hah, to think that both Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon have both been my favorites at certain different points of my life. So there, I finally felt bored enough to watch an old movie of two old favorites, and demmet, it's good!

You know the feeling when you've just watched a good movie and you felt like cryin? Nah, I didnt feel like that this time. What I felt was kinda more nostalgic. I couldn't really explain. Maybe I should just talk about the movie first. It might give me some clues on how I really feel.

Basically the movie was about 2 friends who felt like having a vacation coz they were getting tired of the old life. Louise (Sarandon) was a waitress and Thelma (Davis) was a housewife. Typical lifestyle but both bored to death, they embarked on a trip for a supposedly nice vacation. Well, somewhere along the way, Louise killed a guy coz this guy tried to rape Thelma and before they knew it, they were both running away from the police. Things got more and more complicated since later in the movie, they needed to have money to survive. So Thelma robbed a convenient store and while driving away from it, they also managed to get pulled over by a policeman whom they trapped inside the car trunk. Towards the end of the movie, things got so complicated and problematical that they had to choose between turning themselves in to the police or keep on running. The scene was quite picturesque with Thelma and Louise inside their T-bird '64 facing a cliff with police cars trapping them from behind. Thelma goes, "I say we keep going..." And Louise says, "You sure?" All they had to do was hug and they held hands while their car falls off the cliff.

The movie had a pretty simple plot. Which basically makes it so natural and realistic. The end kinda grabs you though since you never expect that they would drive off just like that..

Now, I don't usually talk about movies, you see. Much less critique it, just like what I'm almost doing now. But see, I've always been a sucker for movies about friends and shit like that, so I can't help myself.

Watching Thelma & Louise kinda' makes me miss my bestfriends. Yeah, they're all too far and far-gone now, and I've dealt with that already. Yup, that's been dealt with already..see, I've resorted to critiquing movies about friends now when what I actually wanted to do was to write a little something for my besfriends too. Nah, too late. Too late.

As Ms. Thelma would put it, "I say keep going..keep going now".
I am.
Going...
Gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there jing! i just checked our ygroups... <'di pa nageemail si mader... pero sana okay naman siya...>

so what's the title of this movie? anyway, hahanapin ko na lang... yeah right, keep on going... gone? 'wag naman...

ay, i have a question kaya lang nahihiya ako... bitin ka noh? hehe!

-mabelle

siyoktong said...

mabelle!

ano ang tanong mo? leche! :p
game na, anu na?