Thursday, August 04, 2005

pain in the neck

before today, i always thought that "pain-in-the- neck" was a phrase used by people who wanted to express frustration and want to vent it on someone. i guess this was a narrow-minded way of looking at things.

i was absent from work last monday. it was raining cats and dogs and my way to work from our house was pretty much flooded. since i felt a cold coming too, i opted it best to stay at home for the night.

so there. i was at home the whole night - relaxing, reading -- and finally before i knew it, i fell asleep on the couch. i woke up at around 4am. i went up to my room and slept some more. by the next day, i knew i had pain in the neck. no, i wasn't a pain in the neck (to my boss or my sisters-- or to anyone for that matter!). but i had pain in the neck, literally, conspicuously feeling PAIN, that i could not even begin to describe.

it might have been that stupid, lumpy sofa. it might have been the long hours of sleep. whatever the reason was, i had stiff neck! i had freakin stiff neck just when i just had a long night of well-deserved sleep.

oh well, welcome to the mid-range 20's. an age when you seem to be in denial of all diseases and pains that your (not so) youthful body could take. damn it, stiff neck was something my mama or my tita would feel after a hard day's work. it's not so me! i should not be feeling this (pain in the neck) just yet!

but here, i do have it. and im already on my 2nd pack of chili pack from the clinic. i work, eat and sleep with chili pack between my shoulders blades.

word of advice everyone, if it rains really hard and if you have to cross the murky floodwaters of manila just so you can go to work while feeling really sick, GO AHEAD! it's so much better than having this stupid PAIN IN THE NECK!

i rest my case.
ouch--move my screen to the left please..i can't move...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pain in the neck okay lang 'yan.. wag lang PAIN IN THE ASS! feeling ko mas masakit yun!! naiisip mo ba ang naiisip ko? sotsab!!! :)