Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Life Moves On

A friend's dad passed away. On that same day, I learned that another friend's brother also passed away. That very night, I learned that a friend's wife is expecting twins in a couple of months.

Life moves on.

Life is fleeting. So they say. And with the term 'fleeting', I'm not even talking about time here. Time is measurable. Life isn't. So to even consider equating life and the length of time you've lived is a bit too shallow, in my opinion.

Someone asked me once before how I would want my life to turn out. Beg your pardon? My life is this - it's not a question of how I would want it to turn out, because as it is, I am living my life. Right now, I am life.

----------------------------------------
I've just received word of me being transferred to another team at work. I am, of course, flattered. I, of course feel appreciated. After all, this team I am transferring to, is one of the best. This is the mentor team. In my own way, I would even think that this is a "promotion" of some sort. I would even think I almost wished for this chance. In fact, I think I did. And yes, I am giddy with anticipation. I am so looking forward to giving it a shot. And yes, this mentor team is certainly turning out to be the best that happened to me this week.
And then realization hits in. New, bigger responsibilities. Extended, broader work scenario. And new people to work with. And the old team is just around the corner; and I'd know that all I have to do is look back and see them all together. And while they're laughing out there, all I could do is smile.
Life moves on.
-----------------------------------------
And then I have finally taken this one big step to let bygones be bygones with this one person. Old hurts, old fights, and old scars are all down the drain now. We've started all over again, and though it has just been days since we've reconciled our differences, I can certainly feel that both of us have changed for the better.
This person and I used to fight so much. We used to fight a lot that we're almost good at it. Now, we have quashed our differences. We're still working on some, but so far, I like who I am when I am with this person. I like us being together. And yes, I can start to think of the future again, with this person, most definitely this time.
Life moves on.

1 comment:

siyoktong said...

hi wosy!

saw your pic on nyss' blog! hehe, tanda na natin. musta na tsom?

mwah,
jing