Friday, October 28, 2005

Pre-Halloween

And so I'm alone at home now, with the siblings gone and the folks too. It’s a long holiday for them all, and they're spendin it all around outside town. Yep, traveling, that is. And moi? I'm left in the city since I couldn't grab a leave at the office on time. How pathetic is that? Not only do I have to stay in this scary city alone on Halloween, but I have to go to work too! Anybody throwin a Halloween party guys? Have pity. Invite me, invite me!

________________________________

I woke up with a sore throat. And I've been sneezing to bits since then. Do I also have to be alone, and sick in this scary city on Halloween?

________________________________

I finally got my hair cut. And I also got those colors and highlights. I hate goin to the parlor and I've been putting off this chore for almost a year now. Finally, when my mom came over for a visit last weekend, she just had to drag me to Bench Salon. Of course, being the good daughter that I am, I offered to pay for both of us. Man, those people of Mr. Ben Chan sure charge a lot. We were just plannin on some cut and some color, but gawd, those lovely, lovely gays had to entice me and my mom to get watchamacallit sorta' treatments. At the end of the day, I felt that I couldn’t nicely part with ten grand in my wallet and I just had to give in and swipe the card. I've been spendin and swipin almost Imeldifically for the last couple of weeks and darn, I wish the bills would come already so I could feel some remorse. Last night, I promised myself that I wouldn’t be using my card again til Christmas. Some people would battle with nicotine and caffeine addiction. Some would have the guts to fight off drug addiction and even nymphomania (where did that come from??). I choose to combat my credit card usage. There goes my world peace!

______________________________________

I've been havin a minor skirmish with my itunes program. Why is it so freakin hard to use it? I dunno, maybe I’m just a Microsoft type of person. Macintosh and all its default hardwares and softwares just drive me nuts. I’ve been trying to change the play list on my ipod and it takes me a freakin million years just to do it. Itunes -ay tunes, ay sus! Pakshet.

______________________________________

And since I am on the topic of battles and skirmishes and minor irritations here, I wonder if could get rid of this sicky feeling. I’ve been sneezing when I started writing. It hasn't stopped since.
Hah-chooo, fuck you, go away. Shoo!
Hah--shoo!
Shit, I'm losing the sneeze battle.

2 comments:

Abaniko said...

working on a halloween? here's an advice: when you're in your office restroom alone, pay close attention to the cubicle next to yours. be sensitive to any sound, to the lights. feel the air. same when you face the mirror. good luck!

siyoktong said...

thanks a lot, you abaniko, you..!
enjoy your halloween sweetie!