Saturday, December 17, 2005

In An Effort To Understand You Better

How do I tell you?
Disappointment is such a reality
And it tires even the most patient of hearts
But I plow ahead
And hit head on
Knowing well that its worth it in the end
But feeling this
Knowing this
And having this
Just drive me to pieces
For how much I can take
And for how long I would give
Is the question that baffles
Even the wisest of minds
I'm near
Almost
But its the farthest I've felt
From you

_________________________________

When I asked you said yes. But at the last minute, we were back at no. I am not one who takes this lightly. You know me better than this. I need plans to survive. I need time to go on. Sometimes I wonder if I am still myself. There used to be a time when time need not matter. When plans were just bubbles. I wish I could be nonchalant about this. I hope there was a way to make up. If in the end things would remain, I am afraid that we could be no longer. No longer sweetie. No longer.

No comments: